Back to News
Corona Virus Vaccine -update 27/2/21
Posted on 26 Apr 2021
The Bute Practice & NHS Scotland are following the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advice and are vaccinating those most at risk first, and those who work closest with them.
Those who have already been invited or are currently being invited to be vaccinated are:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- front line health and social care workers
- clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- everyone aged 65 and over
- those aged 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- unpaid carers aged 16 to 64
People with underlying health conditions and unpaid carers are a large group of people. Even on an island like Bute we have over 700 patients in this group. Vaccine supply has been erratic and we will take several weeks to get everyone in these groups vaccinated. We will invite everyone as soon as we possibly can. So please be patient.