Travel Advice & Vaccinations

Travel advice

The Bute Practice can cater for most travel needs and vaccinations. Due to NHS work pressure we can not guarantee this service at short notice. You will need to leave at least 6 weeks from when you bring in your completed paperwork to your vaccinations. Some vaccinations are available through the NHS but some, including anti-malaria, attract a private fee. If you are short of time, a list of private travel clinics can be found in the site below.

This is an excellent site for all sorts of travel information from deep sea diving to mountain sickness. The “Jabs & Tabs” table tells you what vaccinations and malaria treatments you need before travel.

Get the latest general travel advice from The Department of Health or apply for European Heath Insurance Cards (replaces E111 from 31/12/05) at this link:

How to get your travel vaccinations

You must complete the form below and hand in to the health centre at least 6 weeks before your intended trip, we will not process vaccination requests without a completed form

Travel Risk Assessment Form (PDF, 295KB)

Local Services, Let
W & J Duncan Island Opticians